Introducing Lotterywest’s new Grant Impact Guide
The Lotterywest Grant Impact Guide aims to assist organisations to deliver impactful initiatives in their communities.
25 October 2023
The Lotterywest Grant Impact Guide aims to assist organisations to deliver impactful initiatives in their communities. The Guide covers some of the principles and processes of impact planning, outcomes measurement and evaluation. Additionally, it provides links to reliable information and resources to support you on your impact planning journey.
Through the Grant Impact Guide, you will be stepped through the process of how to plan your initiative for impact, and where you can find information to help you along the way.
- Getting started. This section covers designing initiatives for impact using the Community Investment Framework. Additionally it details Lotterywest’s expectations for standards of evidence and measuring progress.
- Understanding your vision. Here, you will learn about understanding your community and developing a theory of change. We also share some ideas for how to work with stakeholders and partners.
- Planning your impact. This section explains how to develop a program logic, and unpacks the Community Investment Framework and Lotterywest’s Good Practice Requirements.
- Measuring your outcomes. Here you will learn how to develop an outcomes measurement framework and collect data that supports your outcomes.
- Reporting. Lastly, we explain what is required during progress and final acquittal reporting. We also explain when evaluations may be included as a condition of Lotterywest grant funding.
The Grant Impact Guide includes a glossary to help you understand the language that Lotterywest uses in its grant making, and across the Community Impact Hub.
We encourage you to take the time to read the Grant Impact Guide before applying for a Lotterywest grant.
If you have read it before and want to refresh key points or are looking for a practical introduction to the concepts, we have also developed the supporting Grant Impact Quick Guide. This is a short reference document that focuses on practice tips.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Community Impact and Analysis Social Impact team on email@example.com
Acknowledgement of Country
The Western Australian Community Impact Hub acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are based, the Whadjuk people of the Noongar Nation and extends that respect to all the Traditional Owners and Elders of this country. We recognise the significant importance of their cultural heritage, values and beliefs and how these contribute to the positive health and wellbeing of the whole community.